.
.
.

Thursday, May 30, 2013



Playing with paint. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint mix. 


PLAYING WITH PAINT AND FRAMES! TURQUOISE LOVE, TRULY PROVENCE  PAINT. ADD ACCENTS OF COCO AND OCHRE AND DARK WAX.LAYER FOR A CHIPPY FUN LOOK ON THREE FRAMES...ONE OF MY FAVORITE COLORS!



 ALL three are painted in the same blend of color tones. The set of three would look great on a wall alone,or hang some simple treasures then surround with the frame. Empty frames are great as a color accent. The frames are all solid wood. the two larger size, are correct for hanging an oil as they are art frames



Close up on the details...do you like shabby,chipped or would you prefer solid paint. I think shabby and chip bring out a lot of character. These came from Mexico via a lady who traveled a lot in the 60's.

 You can find these at Moore & Garrett in downtown Belton. I have a fellow vendor that lets me stage some items in her booth. These are placed in Marta's booth. Visit her full shop on FM 439 a great little treasure in the country. 





OK a little nature mixed in, loved the texture with the paint finish of the frames, I like playing with my camera to see what I can come up with...
Thank you for your comments you do keep spurring me on, as my sales have been really tough of late...so keep them coming. 






Hope you like the color and the layer treatment. If you ever have a question on how to use chalk paint just ask. I am happy to tell you how I did something. If you want to know my trick for subway art,done it. Decoupage done that too.  What color I have used All tones of neutral, blue,some greens, shades of red and some black...I have made my own Chalk paint,Use ASCP a lot. Used Cece Caldwell and have more I want to try.  See you on the next Kalamitie...






















7 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

Very Nice....LOVE the colors!! Blessings~~~Roxie

Beth said...

These look awesome!!

I have a lg. frame that was already painted these colors, but now I know what it was missing....the aged look! Need to do that to mine.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Pretty colors on your trio of frames! I must be the only person on earth who hasn't tried ASCP yet!

Bliss said...

Fantastic frames.

Bliss

Unknown said...

Your photos are fantastic! I adore the color combo that you chose for these frames ~ you know you always give me such inspiration... im just gonna have to find me some frames and mimic this :)
thank you!!!!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Absolutely creative and imaginative!!! LOVE the images and colors!

Please come share you creations at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS my weekly linky party. Link goes live every Wednesday at 8:00pm!
So glad I found you!

crafty mom said...

Hi I love the frames, did you mix all the colors together than sand them? Or did you do one color let dry than another let dry than sand and what do I mix to get the inner and outer frame trim color? I'm new at this and I have been trying to get these colors going but no luck!