.
.
.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fun with Paper...I play with lots of stuff, paint, decopag'e, hot glue stencils, and even ever now and them my sewing machine...that could be it's own post...but before I get in the car again for another trip, I will show you some of my paper creations....Or better explained as taking old music books in sad shape and torn pages and recreating with staples,coffee stains,use of cinnamon for staining, hot glue, mod-podge, and a I can do this..........

 This is my most successful creation, I call it a garland. Can be used many ways, this is a close up of the folds...and yes lots of folds...this is time consuming, and you have to like details because it can be many steps. I have sold over 15 of these...garlands for windows, fireplace, over a door..or a bed.
 This one shows how to use with a bed, and I think a great example of pretty. I made this one for my sister. She has a 100 year old Arts and Craft bungalow and this is her attic. One side is for her pretties and her grandkids, the other side is for the guys...
 This shows the whole garland, it is two sections. with lace ribbon on each end, the brass bed was my Mom's as was the hat, she used it for antique shows take a look at the top of my blog and you will see her dressed up with my Dad...he was teasing her....the Muff was Moms also, I had it-but decided to give it to my niece, she has the coat Mom wore with the Muff . Love all the textures...and that lil panda in the corner...Dad won it for mom at a carni...
 This shot shows a little more detail, the pic was in the attic..and a lil dim so the coloring shows very golden but more creamy in truth.Do you notice the straw hat, yeap that was my granddad's but my dad wore it too..


Do you want to see who checks you out as you head up to the attic

Ok this is Norman, yeap a Moose and a biggen....got to love Wyoming



So what else have I done with music sheets and paper

Yes this has been posted before, but we will have another fun time at Marta's and Friends in October...I better get busy!! The Ballerina O my, this is work. each of her Roses around the neckline and tucked at the waste. They started as coffee filters and cupcake liners..and then burlap ribbon...then lots of music sheets...rolled and hot glued to create a skirt..this was all glued and sew'n onto a dress. This really can be unzipped in the back and taken off the vintage mannequin...everything is attached to the dress....The cake is another time intense project...the top and middle are on book folded and glued and is intact to the book spine in the middle..the bottom is a paper mache box covered with rolls of papers...then again coffee filter roses and cupcake roses...ever sheet has been dipped in a coffee and cinnamon mix and then popped into the oven....on a low heat to get a vintage look- PS every thing you see has sold and most during Marta & Friends event...So see you in OCTOBER

 Yeap she is sassy, and a lil french...all music sheets and graphics from who else but the Graphic Fairy, see her on my side bar and jump over...I printed and then printed the graphic on the music sheet.Then Mod Podge sticky fingers to create this sassy lady, she is coverred head to toe,oops no toes..
 I said she is sassy, and the look on the back really says Paris chic perfect to hang all your pearls and beads...
I added a flirty slip that I stiched a burlap ruffle along the waist..can be worn  on it's own...so what was a sad falling apart, is now a sassy gal ....paper and a printer and the wonderful graphics....really look at the Graphic Fairy blog...

See this is how many thing start, Paper and looking for inspirations.....

 Close up on the coffee filter roses...they really are pretty, and with a show in October I guess I will be busy...O my burnt fingers..
 This shows the how you can make this in sections...old crochet work, ruffles and lace, watch those sales at Hobby Lobby and Walmart...and for a flat top, I use the same things that people making real cakes use, a cardboard round
This is a two layer cake, and the bottom section opens up for keepsakes..

 So if I can make a cake, why not a cupcake...so I made one, I took a solo cup and cut it for a cupcake shape, then folded music sheets and hot glued around the cup...then a cut a round of cardboard and decopaged for the bottom
 I open up and a great place for a wedding ring, or a special treat..fun for a gift, or request some more for a party treat....I even made it look like frosting
I then did a ruffle fold to create a top for the cupcake...nope has not sold yet ...but I hope ...maybe I need to make a even dozen...

 Close up of the cupcake roses...they are really pretty and a lil easier to make
Amazing how stuff that is broken,torn with holes can be pretty, and she sold ...kinda sad to say I had to mark her down- for her to find a new home...20.00 
But she started out with a few holes in her paper mache' body and this was all covered by a layers of music sheets...and then folding sheets in a way to create the look of feathers...OK I think you are paper tired by now ...yes I do wreaths too....we will show the hows of some of this down the road...but I will be hitting the road tomorrow and will see my Three Treasures....


 Ok Britton lets go clean your face, a little spagetti...but u got to say what a character...he is the Dragon trainer....with imagination that does not stop

 This girl, was into her cake, and sticky fingers and all....Hugs for Lexie
A little fuzzy but the terror trio, at play..Roman has Lexi's sharks...she loves her sharks..give them back now.....love the pucker ....and Britton has a smack down on the gorilla....So I will see them tomorrow....and they are headed to Disney World...with their other grandma...and parents....

I love that you stopped by- and if you are interested in the how to's- leave me a comment...I am interested if people want some tut's on how to make these lil treasures....so let me know via a comment or email...some of these are  fun for holidays...or special occasions .....prepare for sticky fingers..and watch those hot glue guns.. 


                        See you next time, Kathryn

5 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your paper creations are fabulous! I especially love the ballerina dress you made for your mannequin. Gorgeous.

Bliss said...

So lucky going to Disney with your Grands!!!

~Bliss~

Mia said...

Awesome creations.

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

You do amazing things with paper!! Gorgeous. Your grandbabies are adorable... love the shark pouty face. :) She'll be in there making sheet music sharks before you know it! Have a great visit! :)

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Oh my goodness! Your work is pretty amazing. I have a new dress form that needs to be done up, into something a little/lot more interesting! I've thought of just spray painting in white or decoupage. Another day!