.
.
.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Tools of the trade, Green tape,hot glue, paint,Lots of paint, wax, Hobby Lobby sticky letters,burlap, and lots of hours.....

 A re-purpose of a 40's stereo unit. Another subway art all cities that are great places to PARTA !!!!!!!On top a nod to a great old movie...set in a bar...
 Yeap a little Casablanca, and a tray with some fun chalk work...and bar tools..
 I also had a couple of little glasses nothing special, so I used a little black board paint, and for some pretty....a touch of red...RED is such a rich color with black...and this black is a mix of a Behr Eggplant mixed with a flat black mat paint my Rust oleum . This was painted over a primer coat in flat white.
So what is inside this little unit, looks great for storage, but all this bar stuff?

 Well hello their, a fun little bar set up, with lots of storage...and lots of fun spots to tell a story of what you party will be. The little shiny box is a storage box for Bar Tools. The old Magnavox label is on both the lid, and the front. I used some of my embossed wall paper on the bottom of each and then some silver paint for a tin look. So do you get the nod to Green tape, yes keeping all this paint separate and the straight lines around the chalk boards...
 The lid lifts where once the turn table sat. I did a full messy paint look here...with a message that it must be 5 O'clock somewhere...It does not open fully, so this one will not show too much.....
 This was a line from the movie,  Casablanca and looked fun for a bar...
 Just filled in the chalk board a little with term of the bar trade, I like a Mixer
Lot of storage for Glasses, serving pieces and linens if needed...

 Yeap I was in fair shape, but the top was water damaged and beat up...
 Got to make a mess, before it gets pretty,,,and this is where lots of tape, came in. The Emperors Silk Red...I did two units like this on the interior lot of painting plus a chair...the can is now at the bottom...just a little for touch up...
It did not fail me, my chalk paint did but the tape did not, what happened on the little section with the less sharp lines...the chalk paint came of in sheets...
Doing a piece like this is time intense...outside has 2 coats White by Zinserrs Bulls eye primer. Then two coats of the black after I spelled out all the cities, and again used the tape to line up letters...New Orleans....is a fun misspell on how the say it...Neworeans..like one work. These are all Party Cities. 

 Paper pretties...again ....yeap getting ready for Marta & Friends in November and I have three of these done now. I thought you would like a close up...I don't see any one making garlands like this...and they really are cool for window swags, of course for the mantel, or as I showed last month on a bed frame. This one is a double length...all of them are this length with burlap trim...I thought my Purple Lantana shows this off with a more vivid contrast. These sell for 40.
A little more paper magic. A wreath and a square wreath, I have one of my Coffee filter roses..and lots of Burlap. I am thinking of some small frames attatched to the burlap for a family wreath...

 Ok the last thing to see today, if a chippy frame I painted and made a bulletin board, the paint treatment is about 5 shades of paint then waxed with ASCP in clear. I cut the board sanded and painted with 3 coats of chalk paint...all this is loaded in the car to take to Marta's Room on Saturday. Staging my new stuff their..so it will be fresh for those that shop Moore & Garrett and also this show.
So take a peak at the previous post and find out what is Marta & Friends....

Thank you for stopping by, and hope to see you again, Kathryn

4 comments:

Bliss said...

Awesome, pinned it.

Bliss

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

The Bar piece turned out great! Love the choice of colors and all the words. I can tell lots of work went into it and it looks awesome!

Vel Criste said...

cool cart! I also love that wreath! just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

WOW! Please lets not give this one away, what artistry and hard work went into this.